Servings: 2 appetizers or 4 side dishes
Time: Prep: 10 minutes--- Cooking: 12-15 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons and cups, 3 large shallow bowls, a fork, a baking sheet, non-stick foil
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- Fresh black pepper and Lemon Dill Mayo
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Cover the baking sheet in foil, non-stick side up. Spray the foil in cooking spray.
- Wash and dry the squash.
- In the first bowl, beat the eggs and stir in the milk.
- In another bowl mix the flour and cornstarch
- In the last bowl mix the crumbs, cheese, seasoning, and salt.
- Cut the squash in half length wise. Cut each half in half length wise again and again. You will have 8 long fries. Now cut all the fries in half width wise. Now you should have 16 fries.
- Cover each fry in flour. Shake as much flour off as possible then dip in the egg and then in the cheese mixture.
- Place each fry on the baking sheet, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven until they are golden brown (12-15 minutes)
- Top the fries with a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Serve right away with Lemon Dill Mayo.