Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 10 minutes; Cooking: 9 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a large pot, a colander, a zester, a serving bowl
- 4 ounces uncooked orzo
- 1-16 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 + 1 tablespoon LIGHT olive oil
- 1 cucumber
- The zest and juice from 1 lemon (maybe more)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain, toss with one tablespoon of olive oil, and allow to cool.
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse twice to remove the salt.
- Chop and seed the tomatoes and cucumber. Zest and juice the lemon. (You should have 2 tablespoons of zest and ⅛ cup lemon juice.) Chop the herbs.
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Serve at room temperature.