Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 20 minutes Cooking: 10-15 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons and cups, 3 shallow bowls, a fork, a whisk, a paper towel covered plate, a deep skillet, and tongs
- 1 1b boneless skinless chicken breast-sliced very thin
- ½ cup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- oil for frying
|Katsu Mustard Chicken|
- Rinse the chicken in clean water and pat dry. Cut into wide strips.
- In one bowl, whisk the
mustard, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, and nutmeg together until completely blended. Dijon
- Put the flour in the second bowl.
- In the last bowl, toss together the panko and the sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil on medium high.
- Dip the chicken into the flour and shake to remove the excess. Dip the floured chicken into the mustard and then press it into the panko to ensure it is covered. Make sure to press down so that the panko sticks.
- Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Don’t crowd the chicken. You may need to cook it in batches.
- Remove the chicken to the plate. You can keep it warm in the oven on the lowest setting, while finishing up.