Servings: 12 sliders
Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a large heavy bottomed skillet, a can opener, a wooden spoon, and a baking sheet
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
3 garlic cloves
- 1-15 oz can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato pesto (found in the pasta aisle)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 dozen slider buns (mini-hamburger buns, potato rolls, etc.)
- 6- 1 ounce slices of smoked provolone
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- baby spinach and tomatoes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet on medium high.
- Chop the garlic.
- Cook and crumble the meat and garlic until the meat is brown and cooked through (7-10 minutes). Drain most of the fat from the pan.
- Return the meat to the medium high pan. Add the sauce, pesto, seasonings, and sugar and stir until everything is completely incorporated.
- Allow the Giuseppis to come to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir enough to keep the Guiseppis from sticking. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the buns open and spread with butter. Divide the mixture evenly between sandwiches. Top each sandwich with ½ slice of cheese.
- Bake the sandwiches, open face, for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
- Garnish each slider with slices of tomato and baby spinach leaves.
|Serve with Parmesan Zucchini Fries|