This is not my recipe. I learned it from my mother-in-law. This is my favorite thing she has ever made, well besides my husband.
Servings: 8 side dishes
Time: Prep: 10 minutes, cooking: 45 minutes
Hardware: Measuring cups, knives, cutting board, can opener, wooden spoon, large mixing bowl, and 8.5” x 13” glass dish
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can of French cut green beans, drained
- 1 can of shoe peg corn, drained
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- Cooking spray
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 stick of butter, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray the dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all the casserole ingredients together.
- Pour the corn mixture into the cooking dish.
- (The dish can be prepared to this point, covered, and refrigerated overnight.)
- Sprinkle the crackers over the casserole.
- Sprinkle the butter over the crumbs.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
|This is really tasty!|