Tomatoes Gratin takes very little time and no skills, but is different and tasty enough to serve to guests. I like to eat the leftovers with rice for lunch the next day.
Servings: 6-8Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
Hardware: Cutting board and large knife, measuring cups and spoons, a bowl, 9’x13 inch baking dish
- 1 ½ pounds (6 medium) tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Spray the dish with cooking spray. Pre-heat the oven to 400˚.
- Slice the tomatoes into ¼ inch slices. Salt and pepper them generously.
- Layer the tomatoes on the bottom of the dish, slightly overlapping them.
- Drizzle the pesto over the tomatoes. You can buy pesto or you can make your own.
- Mix the onion flakes, bread crumbs, and cheese. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the tomatoes. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve alone or over rice.