|Veggie Noodle Soup|
I used the vegetables that I had available. You can do the same. Corn or green beans can be added at the beginning. You could also throw in summer squash with the pasta. If this isn’t hardy enough for you, serve it with grilled cheese sandwiches. Mmmmmmm
Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 30 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, large soup pot, a wooden spoon, a ladle, serving bowls
- Olive oil to cover the bottom of the pot
- 1 small onion (½ cup)
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or a teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (or a teaspoon dried)
- 1 ½ pound tomatoes
- 5 cups liquid (I used 3 cups vegetable broth and 2 cups water)
- 1cup ditalini pasta (or other small soup pasta)
- Salt & pepper
- Roughly chop the onion, carrot, celery, garlic and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of the soup pot in oil and heat on medium high.
- Add the herbs and all the veggies except the spinach. Sauté until the onions are soft. (4 minutes) Stir often.
- Add the broth. Bring to a boil. Turn down to a very low boil for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn the heat back up to a boil and add the pasta. Boil for 8 minutes and turn off the heat. Stir in the spinach. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper. Allow to sit for 3 minutes as the pasta and spinach will continue to cook.
- Offer your guests hot sauce and crusty bread. This tastes great the next day