Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wlited Spinach with Toasted Pine Nuts

I cannot really call this an original recipe.  I have eaten this at many restaurants and seen it on many bags of spinach.  However, I tweaked it a little.  Spinach can be bitter, but a pinch of nutmeg cures that.  This must taste good-Jeff got seconds.

When shopping for pine nuts, try to find Badia brand, which might be in the ‘ethnic’ aisle of the grocers.  Badia products are usually much cheaper, but of the same quality.

Servings: 2-4
Hardware:  Measuring spoons, a skillet with a lid, and a wooden spoon
Time:  Prep: 2 minutes, Cook: 5 minutes

Ingredients: 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons pine nuts
  • 6 ounce bag of baby spinach
  • A pinch of nutmeg
  • S&P to taste
  1. Heat the oil on medium.
  2. Add the pine nuts and cook for one minute.  Stir constantly, as the pine nuts burn easily.
  3. Add the spinach and cover it with the lid.  Stir after a minute.
  4. Replace the lid and allow the spinach to wilt completely, this might take another minute or two.  Stir in the nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Serve right away.

Wilted Spinach with Toasted Pine Nuts


No comments:

Post a Comment