Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 10 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons and cups, 3 shallow bowls, a fork, a whisk, a paper towel covered plate, a deep skillet, and a skimmer (or a slotted spoon)
- 1 pound cleaned 21-30 shrimp
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- oil for frying
- pineapple jalapeño dipping sauce
- Clean the shrimp leaving the tails intact. Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt and peppers.
- Put the flour in the first bowl. In the second bowl whisk the eggs. In the last bowl, toss together the panko and coconut.
- Fill the pan up half way with oil. Heat the oil on medium high.
- Dip the shrimp into the flour and shake to remove the excess. Dip the floured shrimp into the egg and then press it into the coconut to make sure it is covered.
- Fry the shrimp for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Don’t crowd the shrimp. You may need to cook it in batches.
- Remove the shrimp to the plate. You can keep it warm in the oven on the lowest setting, while finishing up.
- Serve with pineapple jalapeño dipping sauce.