Servings: 4-6Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 10-15 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a skillet, a baking sheet, non-stick foil, a plate, tongs, a wooden spoon, a pastry brush
- 1 pound large shrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- ½ cup whiskey (I used Jack Daniels)
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- A pinch hot pepper flakes
- Heat the oven to 400°. Cover the baking sheet in foil. Set aside.
- Toast the pecans in 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Set aside on a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- Combine the whiskey, maple syrup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, and the pepper flakes in the skillet. Bring to a boil and boil until the mixture is reduced by half and is the consistency of warm syrup. Add the remaining butter and set aside. Keep warm.
- Clean the shrimp. Toss them with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Spread the shrimp out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast them for 3 minutes. Using the pastry brush, glaze the shrimp with the whiskey mixture. Flip and glaze the other side. Roast for 3-4 more minutes or until they are cooked through.
|Maple Whiskey Glazed Shrimp |
over polenta with steamed asparagus tips