Servings: 8 burgers
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a small plate, a large plate, a pepper grinder or a mortar and pestle, a spatula, a heavy bottomed frying pan
Time: Prep-5 minutes, Cook-7 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (the best that you can afford)
- ¼ cup course cracked peppercorns
- Enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan
- ¾ cup blue cheese dressing
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup French fried onions (I use Durkee)
- 8 potato dinner rolls
- Coarsely crush the pepper and place it into the small plate.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal ¾ inch patties. Sprinkle both sides with salt. Press one side of each patty into the cracked pepper.
- In the pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high. Place each burger pepper side up into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes and then flip. Cook for 3-4 more minutes. Place one tablespoon of blue cheese onto each burger during the last minute or so of cooking.
- To serve place the warm burgers, pepper side down, onto the split buns. Top each burger with 1 ½ tablespoons of dressing and 2 tablespoons of French fried onions.