Time: Prep: 10 minutes; Cooking: 2 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoon, a small skillet, a plate covered in a paper towel, a can opener, kitchen scissors, a bowl, a mixing spoon
|Sweet, buttery, crunchy, chickeny goodness|
- 1-9.75 oz can white chicken breast (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- ¼ cup mayo
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Toast the almonds in the butter over medium heat. Watch them carefully because they burn quickly. Remove them when they are golden brown. Drain the almonds on the plate and allow them to cool.
- Cut the grapes in half. This is easier to do with kitchen scissors than it is with a knife.
- Drain the chicken.
- Mix the chicken, grapes, toasted almonds, tarragon, and mayo. Top with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready you are ready to serve.
Serve this salad on potato rolls if you can resist eating it right out of the bowl.