This was wonderful. It also looks really cool, so it is fun to serve. Also important, maybe the most important thing, is this is so easy to make.
|Dijon Roasted Cauliflower|
Time: prep: 10 minutes, rest time: 10 minutes, roast: 50-60 minutes
Hardware: Cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a mixing bowl, a pastry brush, foil, a baking sheet, a wooden skewer, and a small microwave safe bowl
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 450° degrees F. Line the sheet with foil,
- Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower. Cut the stem so that the cauliflower can sit flat.
- Chop the garlic.
- Mix the garlic, oil, lemon juice, mustard, and ½ teaspoon fennel seeds.
- Place the cauliflower onto the prepared baking sheet. Pour the mustard mixture over the cauliflower. Use the pastry brush to make sure it is covered. Allow the cauliflower to sit for 10 minutes to allow the marinade to soak in.
- Salt the cauliflower and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a long wooden skewer passes through with ease.
- Melt the butter with the remaining fennel in the microwave. Pour over the cauliflower before serving.