Serves: 4-6Time: Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 3 minutes, Rest 5 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a bowl of cold water, a pot with a lid, a fork, and a serving bowl
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ¼ cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 ¼ cups instant couscous
- ¼ cup sliced leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 6 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped kalamata olives
- Slice the leek and clean it in the bowl of water. Drain thoroughly.
- Crush the garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter on low with the leeks and garlic. Sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant. This should take a minute.
- Add the stock, parsley, and seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from the heat. Allow the couscous to rest for 5 minutes WITHOUT REMOVING THE LID.
- Stir the remaining ingredients and the couscous into a serving dish. Do not over stir or the couscous will become gummy.
Serve warm or cold. Toss in shrimp or chicken for a meal. I topped it with Middle Eastern Meatballs and warm Yogurt Sauce.