Prepare this while Braised Chicken with Tomatoes is in the oven. Then open up a pre-washed bag of salad and you have a meal that everyone will love.
|Cheesy Broccoli Orzo|
Serves: 4-6Time: Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 20 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a sauce pot, and a wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ a small onion (¼ cup)
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups liquid (I used 1 cup water and 1 cup chicken stock)
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the onion and broccoli into tiny pieces.
- Heat the onion and butter on medium until the onions begin to sweat. Add the orzo and stir. Toast the orzo until it is golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Allow the liquid to come to a boil. Stir, lower the heat, and cover. Simmer the pasta for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper. Taste and adjust the salt. Serve warm.