Hardware: Measuring spoons, cutting board and knives, a skillet with a lid, a wooden spoon
Time: Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound zucchini
- ½ pound summer squash
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Wash and slice the squash. Cut the squash into medallions or coins, discarding the ends. Try to make the cuts the same size.
- Heat the oil on medium high.
- Add everything but the oregano. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until the squash begins to get soft. Stir often.
- Reduce the heat and cover placing the lid at a tilt to allow steam to escape. Cook until the squash are completely tender and beginning to turn golden brown around the edges. Stir occasionally. This should take about 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before the squash is finished, chop the oregano and stir into the dish.