Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tarragon Chicken Salad

This salad is quick, simple, and addictive.


Servings: 2-4
Time: Prep: 10 minutes; Cooking: 2 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoon, a small skillet, a plate covered in a paper towel, a can opener, kitchen scissors, a bowl, a mixing spoon


Sweet, buttery, crunchy, chickeny goodness
  Ingredients:
  • 1-9.75 oz can white chicken breast (1 cup)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/3 cup slivered almonds
  • 1 cup red seedless grapes
  • 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
  • ¼ cup mayo
  • Fresh cracked pepper

  1. Toast the almonds in the butter over medium heat. Watch them carefully because they burn quickly. Remove them when they are golden brown.  Drain the almonds on the plate and allow them to cool.
  2. Cut the grapes in half. This is easier to do with kitchen scissors than it is with a knife.
  3. Drain the chicken.
  4. Mix the chicken, grapes, toasted almonds, tarragon, and mayo. Top with a few grinds of black pepper.
  5. Refrigerate until ready you are ready to serve.

 Serve this salad on potato rolls if you can resist eating it right out of the bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment