Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spinach & Shrimp, White Pizza

I love shrimp.  I love spinach.  I love this pizza.  You will, too.

Servings: 8 slices
Time:  Prep: 15 minutes; Cooking:  12-15 minutes
Hardware:  Measuring spoons, a pan, a bowl, a spoon, a spatula, and a pizza stone or baking sheet

Ingredients
  • 1 -12" pre-made pizza crust (I like Boboli)
  • ¾ pound large (31-35 count) shrimp
  • 4 cloves sliced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • 1 cup baby spinach leaves
  • 2 tablespoons pesto (I use Classico or I make my own)
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese


Before                                       After

  1. Preheat the oven to 450°. 
  2. Wash the spinach and remove the stems. Peel and clean the shrimp.
  3. Heat the butter in the pan on medium. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for a minute or so. 
  4. Add the shrimp and lemon juice and cook until the shrimp are just done (2-4 minutes). Remove the shrimp from the heat.
    • You might want to undercook the shrimp a little, because they will cook more in the oven. 
  5. Mix the pesto, ricotta, parmesan, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the liquid from the shrimp until blended.
  6. Spread the ricotta mixture over the pizza.
  7. Top the pizza with the spinach leaves and then with the shrimp.
  8. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
  9. Bake the pizza for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. 
Serve warm.  This goes great with Caesar Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment