Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Spicy Mustard & Fruit Sauce


This week I am not giving you any new dishes.  I am giving you a way to make your old dishes new.  I am sharing with you some of my favorite sauce recipes.  Think of these as a way of sending your dinner to a spa.  Your old dishes will be the same, only refreshed, rehabbed, and renewed!

Servings:  Makes 2 cups
Time:  5 minutes
Uses:  Pork, chicken, or lamb

Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a sauce pan, a whisk (I use a balloon whisk)


Ingredients:

    • 2 cups cream
    • 1/4 cup stone ground spicy mustard
    • 3 tablespoons fruit preserves (orange, peach, OR apricot)




    Hot and sweet and so good!

    1. Whisk all of the ingredients together in a sauce pan over medium heat.
    2. Stir until just simmering.  Serve warm.

    Drizzle a tablespoon of the sauce over pork chops, pork roast, or baked chicken.  Offer the extra sauce on the table in a gravy boat/sauce cream pitcher. Garnish each plate with a slice of fresh fruit that represents the preserve you used.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment