|This is the perfect summer salad|
Time: Prep: 20 minutes; Cooking: 2 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, 2 large pots, a colander, a bowl, a mixing spoon
- ½ pound 31-35 count shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ pound surimi “Krab legs” (I use Kanimi Crab Smart Sticks)
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion stalk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Salt to taste
- Zest and slice the lemon. Set the zest aside.
- Place the lemon slices and Old Bay in a pot. Fill the pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Fill the other pot with ice and water.
- Drop the shrimp in the boiling water and cook for 2-2 ½ minutes.
- Drain the shrimp and place them in the ice bath to stop them from cooking. When they have cooled, drain them again.
- Peel and clean the shrimp. Cut each shrimp into three pieces.
- Cut the surimi sticks into ½ inch slices.
- Wash and slice the green onion.
- Wash and chop the dill.
- Mix the yogurt, mayo, onion, dill, and lemon zest.
- Fold in the shrimp and surimi. The surimi should separate.
- Salt to taste.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to use.