Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flatbread Fish Tacos

This beautiful dish screams, "Spring!"  Well it doesn't actually scream, but you might after you taste it.  It's that good!

Servings: 4
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes
Hardware:  A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons

Ingredients:
  • 1-1b prepared, warm breaded fish fillets (You can purchase them or make your own)
  • 6 tablespoons Lime Chipotle Mayo (you can substitute plain mayo or salsa)
  • ½  pint cherry tomatoes
  • 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
  • 2 green onions
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 lime
  • 4 flatbreads (I like Toufayan)


SPRING!

  1. Wash the veggies.
  2. Chop and seed the tomatoes.
  3. Slice the green onions and the avocado.
  4. Slice half the lime for garnish.
  5. Warm the flatbreads according to package directions.
  6. Divide the fish among the flatbreads.
  7. Drizzle mayo over the fish.
  8. Divide the veggies evenly among the flatbreads.
  9. Squeeze the lime over each flatbread.
Serve with a lime slice to garnish.  You can change this up by using Lime-Ginger-Garlic Dressing instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment