Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Curry Cream Sauce

Saucy Sunday continues...

Servings:  1 ½ cups
Time: 10 minutes
Uses:  Serve over fish, shrimp, chicken, or veggies. 
Hardware:  Measuring cups and spoons, a sauce pan, a whisk (I use a balloon whisk)

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 teaspoon flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoons Curry powder 
  • 1 ½ cups cream


  1. Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it is melted.
  2. Turn the heat up to medium high and whisk in the flour and curry powder until they are completely incorporated and there are no lumps.
  3. Turn the heat back down to medium and slowly whisk in the cream.
  4. Simmer, but do not boil, for a minute or two.
  5. Serve warm.



This is very mild and is best when used with a dish that doesn’t overpower it.  I love it over poached tilapia.

No comments:

Post a Comment