- Combine eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and mix on high speed for at least 10 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup kirsch
Filling and topping:
- 3 cups chilled heavy cream
- ½ cup confectioners‘ sugar
- ¼ cup kirsch
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned sour cherries
- A few drops of red food coloring
- Fresh cherries
- After rinsing the cherries, make sure they are completely dry (you can use a paper towel) before further use. In a large chilled bowl, beat the cream with an electric beater until it thickens lightly. Sift the confectioners‘ sugar over the cream and continue beating until cream forms firm peaks on the beater when it is lifted out of the bowl. Pour in the kirsch and red food coloring. Beat only until the kirsch is absorbed.
- Decorate the cake with some cherries and chocolate sprinkles on top.