These are delicious and really beautiful. And really easy to create. So if you need to take something to a party, but don’t have much time, this is for you. You can also place these in tiny muffin cups and then put a few of them in a little box or tin. They make sweet gifts.
Servings: 30 truffles
Time: Prep: 15 minutes, fridge: 2 hours
Hardware: Can opener, measuring spoon, double boiler*, wooden spoon, plastic container with lid
- 1 ½ ~12 oz packages of chocolate chips
- 1-14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Toppings: crushed graham crackers, crushed vanilla wafers, chopped toasted nuts, toasted shredded coconut, powdered sugar, crushed candy canes, etc.
- Melt the chocolates and the sweetened condensed milk in the double boiler over low heat.
- If you don’t have a double boiler, just place water in a pot and place a smaller pot in the water. Make sure that no water gets into the chocolate. It will seize up and be ruined.
- Stir until all the chocolate is melted and then stir in the vanilla.
- Allow the chocolate to cool. Then refrigerate it in a covered plastic container for 2 hours.
- Take the chocolate out of the fridge and allow it to return to room temperature.
- Roll the chocolate into 1 inch balls. Then roll the truffles in the topping of your choice.
- You can change the flavor of the truffles by using different flavored chips (peanut butter chips, mint chips, butterscotch chips, etc.) You can also use extracts other than vanilla.
|A little bite of wonderful|