Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peanut Sauce


                                                           
                                                                    A continuation of my saucy week!


Servings:  3 cups
Time: 15 minutes
Uses:  Pad Thai, noodles, dipping sauce for satay or chicken


Hardware:  Cutting board and knives, measuring cups and spoons, NO POWDER latex gloves, a zester, a saucepan, a wooden spoon, a can opener

Ingredients:

  • 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
  • 1 teaspoon of olive oil
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 hot pepper, diced(For this I use Thai peppers, which are also sometimes called Birdseye peppers. They are very hot!  The seeds and the white ribs of a pepper contain the heat.  So remove these for less heat.  Leave them in for more.  Always seed and chop peppers using gloves.)
  • 1 tablespoon lime zest
  • 1 1/2 cups of crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 can of coconut milk (I prefer Thai Kitchens)
  • 2 tablespoons of lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce (substitute soy sauce if you prefer)

  1. Place the oils in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
  2. Add the garlic, pepper, and lime zest and stir until the garlic begins to sweat.
  3. Lower the heat to medium.
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is incorporated and heated through.
  5. Serve warm.



 This is wonderful as a dipping sauce for chicken wings.  It is also the basis for Pad Thai.




No comments:

Post a Comment