- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 hot pepper, diced(For this I use Thai peppers, which are also sometimes called Birdseye peppers. They are very hot! The seeds and the white ribs of a pepper contain the heat. So remove these for less heat. Leave them in for more. Always seed and chop peppers using gloves.)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 can of coconut milk (I prefer Thai Kitchens)
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (substitute soy sauce if you prefer)
- Place the oils in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, pepper, and lime zest and stir until the garlic begins to sweat.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until everything is incorporated and heated through.
- Serve warm.
This is wonderful as a dipping sauce for chicken wings. It is also the basis for Pad