This recipe is a quick, easy way to use leftovers. The idea behind this dish is for you to use whatever you have available.
Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cooking: 30 minutes
Hardware: A measuring cup, a wooden spoon, a can opener, a large bowl, an 8’ x 11’ glass casserole dish
- 2 ½ cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked meat (ham, chicken, turkey, crumbled hamburger)
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 can cream of (broccoli, mushroom, celery) soup
- Optional: 1~4oz can of mushrooms, drained
- ¾ cup liquid (milk, cream, water, broth)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Swiss, Colby Jack)
- ¾ cup crumbs (bread crumbs, crushed chips, crushed crackers, crushed croutons)
- 2 tablespoons butter-sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Spray the dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients expect the crumbs and butter. Pour the mixture into the dish
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the crumbs. Dot the crumbs with sliced butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.