Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Orangey Cranberry Sauce

I HATE that weird gelatinous stuff that plops out of the can.  This however is magic.

Servings: 2 ½ cups
Hardware:  Measuring spoons and cups, a sauce pan, a wooden spoon
Time:  Prep: 2 minutes, Cook:15 minutes

Ingredients: 
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1-12 oz package of fresh cranberries
  • ¼ cup orange preserves
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water 
This is intensely beautiful and tart and sweet.











  1. Wash and pick over cranberries.
  2. Place butter and cranberries in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Cook until the berries begin to burst (about 2 minutes), stirring occasionally.
  3. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment