So cheesecake. I also realized that this would be my 3rd cheesecake so I changed the shape and made cheesecake bars. That’s different? Right? I used raspberry preserves because that is what I had. You could use any preserves or even marmalade. I think this would especially taste great with orange marmalade. I was also thinking of using peanut butter cookies in the crust, and calling this peanut butter and jelly cheesecake. If you are an adventurous cook, try one of them and let us know. But we’re getting away from ourselves.
This, the way I made it, turned out well. Enjoy the end of summer and the beginning of school.
|Raspberry Cheesecake Bars|
Servings: 9 squaresTime: Prep: 15 minutes, bake time 1 hour
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, a food processor, a mixer, a large mixing bowl, a rubber spatula, a 8x8x2 inch glass pan, parchment paper, a knife or skewer
- 1½ cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve crackers)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-8 oz. blocks cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Melt the butter. Set out the cream cheese and the eggs. Spray the bottom and sides of the pan. Cut two pieces of parchment paper wide enough to fit into the bottom of the pan and long enough to stick out over the edges. Place one piece of paper in the bottom of the pan in one direction and the other piece in the opposite direction
- Crush the graham cracker in the processor. Add the sugar and then the butter. Blend until the mixture is a fine crumb. Press the crust mixture firmly into bottom of the pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar into the mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and zest. Continue to mix on low speed until smooth. Pour ¾ of the cream cheese mixture evenly over the hot crust. Add the raspberry jam to the remaining cream cheese and mix until smooth. Dollop the raspberry filling over the cream cheese layer randomly. Use a knife or skewer to gently swirl the two layers.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until center does not wiggle when shaken.
- Cool completely. Use the bottom piece of the parchment paper to carefully lift the whole thing out of the pan. Cut it into 9 squares. Store covered in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature topped with fresh raspberries.