Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Rosemary Parmesan Potatoes

Every Sunday my husband makes breakfast.  Usually he prepares waffles.  Banana nut waffles or orange cream waffles or cinnamon waffles with apples.  If he doesn’t make waffles then he makes sausage, eggs, and breakfast potatoes. My favorites are orange cream waffles and breakfast potatoes. I could eat my own weight in breakfast potatoes. Why just have them for Sunday breakfast? This recipe is a variation on his breakfast potatoes.  I tweaked them for dinner.

I just added rosemary, garlic, and Parmesan and substituted 2 ounces of shallots for ¼ cup onions. I have a coffee grinder dedicated to mincing herbs, which I used for the rosemary. I save a few sprigs of rosemary and chop them for aesthetic reasons.  So, you could reverse engineer these for breakfast.
 
I served these with Caprese Burgers. 
 
Rosemary Parmesan Potatoes
Servings:  6-8
Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cooking: 20-25 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons, a heavy skillet with a lid, a spatula

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds new white or red potatoes
  • 2 small shallots-2 oz.
  • 3 cloves garlic 
  • 1 ½ tablespoons fresh rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
  • Extra virgin olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan
  • Salt
  1. Wash the potatoes but do not peel them. Cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Try to make the cubes the same size so that they will cook evenly.
  2. Chop the shallot and garlic. Mince the rosemary.
  3. Heat the oil on medium high. Add all the veggies and rosemary. Salt generously and stir. Allow the bottom of the potatoes to crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip the potatoes. Lower the heat to medium low and cover.
  4. Cook until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Flip occasionally. Remove the lid, turn the heat up to medium high and allow to crisp again, another 3-5 minutes.
  5. Taste and adjust the salt.  Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment