Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Roasted Baby Peppers with Herbed Goat Cheese

I haven’t quit cooking.  I have just been so busy lately…but I’m back!


Servings:  Appetizers for 5
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes, freezing: 10 minutes, cooking: 20 minutes
Hardware:  Knives, cutting board, measuring spoons, spoon, large mixing bowl, a plate, plastic wrap, foil, a baking sheet

  • 1 small package of sweet baby peppers
  • 6 oz of goat cheese
  • 6 oz cream cheese
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 4 tablespoons chopped basil (you can use any herb you like)
  • S&P to taste
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
So Sweet


  1. Take the cheeses out to allow them to soften.
  2. Wash the peppers and herbs.
  3. Leaving the stems intact cut a small strip from the peppers, creating little boats.
  4. Remove the pepper seeds.
  5. With a very sharp knife, cut the basil (or whichever herb you choose) into tiny pieces.
  6. Mix the herbs, garlic, and cheeses together until completely blended.  S&P to taste.
  7. Stuff the cheese mixture into the peppers.
  8. Preheat the oven to 450°
  9. Put the peppers on a plate wrapped in plastic into the freezer for 10 minutes.  (This will stop the cheese from completely running all over when baked.)
  10. Put the peppers on the baking sheet.  Crumple the foil and use it to steady the peppers and keep them upright if needed.
  11. Drizzle the olive oil over the peppers.
  12. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are soft.

Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment