This tastes great as a leftover, just add a little water or milk and microwave. Cheesy Broccoli Rice is also hearty enough to make a great vegetarian meal. I always prepare extra to take to work the next day as lunch.
Servings: 4-6Hardware: A measuring spoons and cups, a pot with a lid, a wooden spoon, and a mixing bowl
Time: prep: 5 minutes, cook: 30 minutes
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of rice
- 1-13 ounce package steam in bag frozen broccoli
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
|Cheesy Broccoli Rice|
- Heat the water and salt until boiling. Add the rice, cover with the lid and turn it down to low. Simmer, without opening the lid, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking prepare the broccoli according to package directions.
- When the rice is ready stir the rice and the remaining ingredients together in the mixing bowl. Adjust the S&P.
- Serve warm.