Parmesan Rosemary Almonds are another quick, last minute snack. If you have a nice jar, these also make a nice hostess gift for any parties you might attend. If you are making the nuts into a hostess gift, add a sprig of fresh rosemary to the jar as a decoration.
|Parmesan Rosemary Almonds|
Servings: 10 ounces of almonds
Hardware: 2 baking sheets, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, a silicone spatula, a microwave safe mixing bowl, measuring spoons and cups, an airtight container, paper towels
Time: Active time 6 minutes; Cook: 5-7 minutes, nuts in about ½ hour
- 10 ounces of whole almonds
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon large granule salt (maybe more)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in the microwave safe mixing bowl. Toss the nuts and the tablespoon of rosemary until coated.
- Cover one of the baking sheets in parchment paper or the baking mat. Line the other in 3 layers of paper towels.
- Spread the nuts out in a single layer on the sheet lined with parchment and place in the oven. After 5 minutes, stir so that the outer nuts are moved to the center and the inner nuts are moved out. Return them to the oven but monitor them closely. As soon as most of the nuts are browned, remove them and spread them out in a single layer on the paper towel lined sheet. Immediately, sprinkle on the salt and remaining rosemary.
- Allow the nuts to cool for about 20 minutes. Place them and the cheese in the air tight container and shake like crazy to coat. Taste and adjust the salt. Serve at room temperature.