Servings: 25-30 pieces
Time: Prep: 25 minutes Cooking: 15-20 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, a frying pan, a deep skillet, a small bowl, a large metal slotted spoon, a plate, paper towels, a spoon, a work surface, an oil thermometer
- 1 1b bulk sausage
- 1 small onion (¼ cup)
- 1 small green pepper (¼ cup)
- 1-8oz package cream cheese
- 25-30 wonton wrappers
- 1-2 cups of oil for frying
- Place a paper towel on the plate. Set aside.
- Wash and chop the onion and pepper.
- Cook and crumble the sausage, pepper, and onion in the frying pan over medium heat until the sausage is cooked through (about 7 minutes).
- Add the cream cheese to the sausage and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Allow the sausage mixture to cool slightly.
- Fill the bowl with water.
- Put enough oil in the skillet to fill it about half way up. Pre-heat the oil until it is 350°. You will want to monitor the oil temperature and keep it between 320° and 350°.
- While the oil is heating, place a wonton wrapper with one corner closest to you as if you were looking at a diamond.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the sausage mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper over, now you have a triangle filled with sausage.
- Use water to moisten the edges and seal the wrapper. Make sure it is sealed.
- Fold two corners over as if the wonton were hugging itself. Moisten to hold the wonton hug in place. Be careful not to tear the wrapper.
- Place the wontons in a single layer in the hot oil.
- Allow the wonton to cook for about 2 minutes and then turn.
- The wontons are done as soon as they become golden brown.
- Serve right away.