Servings: 1 ½ cups
Time: 10 minutes
Hardware: Cutting board and knives, measuring spoons, bowl, potato masher, mixing spoon, NO POWDER latex gloves
- 4 Haas avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeño pepper (The seeds and the white ribs of a pepper contain the capsaicin, the chemical responsible for the heat. So remove these if you prefer less heat. However, jalapeños are very mild. Always seed and chop peppers using gloves.)
- 1 small onion (¼ cup)
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze the lime into the bowl.
- Cut the avocados open and scoop out the fruit. Toss the avocado with the lime juice.
- Chop and seed the tomatoes. Chop the cilantro
- Dice the garlic, jalapeño, and onion (the smaller the better).
- Drain the avocados and mash them.
- Stir in the cumin and sour cream until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve with corn chips.