Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Guacamole

Hass Avocados are still in season in Florida, meaning that they are cheap and yummy. Avocados are scrumptious and good for you. They are full of fiber and vitamin C. Sometimes, I will just salt an avocado and eat it right out of the shell. So decadent.

Servings: 1 ½ cups
Time: 10 minutes
Hardware: Cutting board and knives, measuring spoons, bowl, potato masher, mixing spoon, NO POWDER latex gloves

Ingredients:
  • 4 Haas avocados
  • 1 lime
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 jalapeño pepper (The seeds and the white ribs of a pepper contain the capsaicin, the chemical responsible for the heat. So remove these if you prefer less heat. However, jalapeños are very mild. Always seed and chop peppers using gloves.)
  • 1 small onion (¼ cup)
  • ½ pint cherry tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon cilantro
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • Salt to taste

    Green Goodness!
  1. Squeeze the lime into the bowl.
  2. Cut the avocados open and scoop out the fruit. Toss the avocado with the lime juice.
  3. Chop and seed the tomatoes. Chop the cilantro
  4. Dice the garlic, jalapeño, and onion (the smaller the better).
  5. Drain the avocados and mash them.
  6. Stir in the cumin and sour cream until thoroughly mixed.
  7. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
  8. Salt to taste.
  9. Serve with corn chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment