Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons and cups, a food chopper, 2-1 gallon plastic zip bags, a baking sheet
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the chicken in clean water and pat dry. Cut into serving size pieces for dinner or bite size pieces for appetizers.
- Grind the pecans into fine crumbs.
- Put the egg, water, and corn starch in a plastic Ziploc bag. Massage the bag until completely mixed. It may foam up, that is okay.
- Combine all the other ingredients except the chicken in the other plastic bag. Shake this like crazy to mix.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°.
- Place each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Then place each piece of chicken into the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Allow the chicken to bake for 20 minutes for dinner pieces or 15 minutes for appetizers.
This can be made through step 7, placed in a single layer on a plate, wrapped in plastic, and stuck in the fridge up to 3 hours early. Take them out 30 minutes ahead of time and then just pop them in the oven when guests arrive.