This salad is so easy that you might not wait for the ants.
Time: Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 9 minutes, Chill: 2 hours
Hardware: measuring spoons and cups, a cutting board and knives, a mixing bowl, a pot, a colander, a large storage container, a small storage container
- 1 cup olive oil based mayonnaise (you can substitute lite mayo)
- ¾ cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all the ingredients together until they are all completely incorporated. Set aside ¼ cup of the dressing.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 eggs
- ½ small onion (¼ cup)
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ small bell pepper (¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickles (use dill or sweet~whatever you prefer)
- A few grinds of fresh pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- Boil the eggs.
- You can cook the eggs and the macaroni together to save time.
- Pasta is thirsty and will soak up most of the dressing. The reserved dressing will ensure that your salad is creamy.
You can also try one of these variations:
Italian Mactastic Macaroni Salad
¼ cup chopped pepperoni
2 tablespoons chopped black olives
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Clucking Good Mactastic Macaroni Salad
Replace the pickle juice in the dressing with lemon juice
½ cup chopped chicken
¼ cup peeled, chopped tart apple
3 slices of fried crumbled bacon
Macaroni of the Sea Mactastic Macaroni Salad
¼ cup thawed English peas
1 small diced carrot (¼ cup)
¼ cup rinsed tuna
Hamtastic Macaroni Salad
4 eggs instead of 2
½ cup diced ham
8 oz cheddar cheese cut into cubes (mix this in with the reserved dressing)
Mactastic Shrimp and Macaroni Salad
Substitue 1 cup of Lemon Dill Mayo for 1 cup of mayo
Replace the onion with green onion
¼ cup rinsed canned salad shrimp