Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Texicali Muffins

I have a large circle of friends.  We often have movie nights at one another’s homes.  Everyone brings a dish to share.  I try to bring something different every time.  However, I don’t want to take something so different that the picky eaters won’t try it.


 

But everyone loves Tex-Mex. So, I fiddled around with one of my other recipes and created these.  They carry well and can be reheated.  They can be an appetizer or an entrée.  They even freeze well. You can control the amount of heat through the Ro-Tel and taco seasoning that you chose.



 

Servings: 16 appetizers
Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 30 minutes
Hardware: Measuring spoons and cups, a large heavy bottomed skillet, a slotted spoon, a mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, a can opener, a glass, a muffin tin, and muffin tin liners
 
Ingredients:
  • ½ pound hamburger
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • ½ can Ro-Tel tomatoes-DRAINED
  • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
  • 1-16 ounce can refrigerated biscuit dough
  • Sour cream and salsa
  1. Preheat oven to 350˚.  Place the cream cheese into the mixing bowl to allow it to soften.
  2. Line the muffin tins with paper cups.
  3. In the skillet over medium heat, cook the hamburger until it is browned. Remove it from the skillet with the slotted spoon and place it into the mixing bowl.
  4. Add the tomatoes, cheese, and seasoning.  Mix well.
  5. Separate the biscuits into halves horizontally.  Using the glass as a rolling pin, roll the halves out to flatten them.
  6. Place each half into a muffin cup. Evenly divide the mixture between the cups.
  7. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
  8. Top each cup with a dollop of salsa and sour cream. Serve warm.








No comments:

Post a Comment