I really love it. It is easy to make and can be eaten any time of the day. Just add a piece of roasted chicken and you have dinner. It also makes a great brunch item. If you are asked to bring an item to a pot luck, this travels well.
Servings: 6-8Hardware: A mixing bowl, a colander, a whisk, foil
Time: Cook: 30-40 minutes, Prep: 15 minutes
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 2-10 ounce packages frozen spinach
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- A pinch of nutmeg
- S&P to taste
- Malt vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350. Allow the piecrust to defrost.
- Put the frozen spinach in the colander and run under hot water until it is completely defrosted.
- Whisk the eggs in the mixing bowl.
- With your hands, squeeze as much water as possible from the spinach. You may need to do it a handful at a time.
- Stir the eggs, squeezed spinach, feta, nutmeg, and S&P together.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly into the pie crust.
- Cover the edges of the crust in foil so that it doesn’t burn while it is cooking.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center is set. Remove the foil during the last part of baking to allow the crust to brown.
- Cool the pie for 10 minutes and serve. Offer your guests malt vinegar.