These muffins are a two bite version of one of the best sandwiches ever, the BLT. You can find sundried tomatoes with the pasta sauces in your grocers. If you cannot find them you may be able to find bruschetta spread.
Servings: 16 appetizers
Time: Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 30 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a large heavy bottomed skillet, a paper towel covered plate, a mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, a glass, a muffin tin, and muffin tin liners
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 9 slices of thick cut bacon
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes with herbs packed in oil**
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ cup shredded gruyère
- 1-16 ounce can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Place the cream cheese into the mixing bowl to allow it to soften.
- Line the muffin tins with paper cups.
- In the skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is crispy. Drain it on the paper towel covered plate.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Crumble the bacon into the mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese. Mix well.
- Separate the biscuits into halves horizontally. Use the glass to roll the halves out to flatten them.
- Place each half into a muffin cup. Evenly divide the mixture between the cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each cup with shredded lettuce. Serve warm.