This is so quick and yummy. I use it as a side dish but it is tasty enough to eat all by its lonesome.
Time: Prep: 5 minutes; Cooking: 3 minutes
Hardware: A measuring spoon, cutting board and knife, a large pot, a colander, a serving bowl
- 4 quarts salted water
- 1- 9 oz package of fresh linguine (I use Buitoni)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup of pesto (I use Classico or make my own)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- S&P to taste
- 2 or 3 pretty spinach leaves for garnish
- Put the water on to boil.
- Chop and seed the tomatoes.
- Remove the stems from the spinach and tear into bite sized pieces.
- When the water begins to boil add the spinach. Boil for one minute.
- Add the linguine to the water. Stir. Boil for 2 more minutes (Be very careful as fresh pasta cooks QUICKLY.)
- Drain the pasta/spinach.
- Toss the pasta and spinach with the remaining ingredients in the serving bowl.
- Place the spinach leaves in the middle of the dish for garnish.