Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Grilled Chicken, Bacon, & BBQ Sandwiches

Another quick & easy meal.

Servings: 4
Time:  Prep: 15 minutes Cooking:  7 minutes
Hardware:  A cutting board and knife, a skillet, a plate, a paper towel, a fork, measuring spoons, a spoon, and a small bowl, a sandwich grill (or a George Foreman type grill)


Ingredients:

  • 4 slices of thick cut bacon
  • 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
  • 6 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
  • 4 slices of Gruyère
  • 1 pound of chicken cold cuts (I use Boar’s Head Rotisserie Chicken) sliced thin
  • 8 thick slices of hearty bread (sourdough or Chicago Italian)
  • 2 ½ tablespoons of softened butter

  1. Cook the bacon on medium high in the skillet until it is crisp.
  2. Drain the bacon on a plate covered in a folded paper towel.
  3. Mix the mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in the bowl.
  4. Smear all of the bread with the BBQ mixture.
  5. Cut the bacon slices in half.  Place two halves on each sandwich.
  6. Place a slice of Gruyère on top of the bacon.
  7. Divide the chicken evenly on each sandwich & top with the other slice of bread.
  8. Spread the outside of the sandwiches with the softened buttered.
  9. Grill until the sandwiches until they are crispy, 4-5 minutes.

Serve warm with a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment