Another quick & easy meal.
Time: Prep: 15 minutes Cooking: 7 minutes
Hardware: A cutting board and knife, a skillet, a plate, a paper towel, a fork, measuring spoons, a spoon, and a small bowl, a sandwich grill (or a George Foreman type grill)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
- 4 slices of Gruyère
- 1 pound of chicken cold cuts (I use Boar’s Head Rotisserie Chicken) sliced thin
- 8 thick slices of hearty bread (sourdough or Chicago Italian)
- 2 ½ tablespoons of softened butter
- Cook the bacon on medium high in the skillet until it is crisp.
- Drain the bacon on a plate covered in a folded paper towel.
- Mix the mayonnaise and BBQ sauce in the bowl.
- Smear all of the bread with the BBQ mixture.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Place two halves on each sandwich.
- Place a slice of Gruyère on top of the bacon.
- Divide the chicken evenly on each sandwich & top with the other slice of bread.
- Spread the outside of the sandwiches with the softened buttered.
- Grill until the sandwiches until they are crispy, 4-5 minutes.
Serve warm with a side salad.