Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year!  These cocktails will make your New Year celebration one to remember!  Be safe, be sane, be happy!

Hardware:  Mixing glass, shot glass, strainer, stirrer, and martini glasses

All the drinks follow the same instructions: 
  1. Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes.
  2. Add all of the ingredients, stir, and strain into the chilled martini glasses
 
Floridian Breeze
  • 3 parts citrus vodka
  • 2 parts cranberry juice
  • 1 part orange liqueur (I use Curaçao)
  • A squeeze of lime juice

 Ginger What Ails You
  • 3 parts white rum
  • 4 parts cranberry juice
  • 4 parts raspberry ginger ale
  • 1 part orange liqueur
  • A squeeze of lime juice



Raspberry Love
  • 2 parts citrus vodka
  • 1 part Chambord
  • 1 orange peel

Cranberry on the Sauce
  • 3 parts citrus vodka
  • 3 parts cranberry juice
  • 1 part orange liqueur
  • 1 part orange juice
  • A squeeze of lime

You can dress up your cocktails with rimming sugar, chunks of frozen fruit, and citrus peel.  Make some snacks for your guest.  You might enjoy last year's cocktail recipes, too.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment