Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers




Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
What are you doing for New Year’s Eve? We usually go to my cousin’s, but she is visiting her son this year. So, we are staying home. We are still dressing up and having snacks and cocktails. We are just doing it alone.

I’m making Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers and Wings. I know poppers are very mid-90s. I also know that I don’t care. I eat what I like. These are super delicious.

Thanks for following my blog this year. I hope next year brings you nothing but happiness.

Servings: 12 poppers
Time:  Active: 15 minutes; Freeze: 1 hour; Cook: 40 Minutes; Pops in about 2 hours
Hardware:  A cutting board and a paring knife, food prep gloves, a food processor, a silicone spatula, a mixing bowl, a mixer, a spoon, a large plate, foil, a baking sheet

Ingredients:

  • 1-8oz package cream cheese
  • 12 large jalapeños
  • 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon (just buy the pre-cooked bacon you can find with the salad dressing and croutons in the grocery store)
  • 6 pieces of good bacon
  • Cooking spray
  • Ranch or blue cheese dressing

  1. Put the cream cheese out to soften.
  2. Make sure to wear the gloves while working with the peppers. Wash the peppers. Leave the stems on them. Lay them down to discover how they can lay without rolling. Cut a long section from the top of each pepper so it resembles a canoe. Remove the seeds and white ribs from inside the jalapeños.
  3. Place the pieces you removed from the peppers into the food processor. Pulse them until they are the size of gravel. Scrape them into the mixing bowl. Repeat with the bacon and the cheddar cheese.
  4. Add the cream cheese to the crumbled bacon, jalapeños, and cheddar cheese and mix until thoroughly combined.
  5. Stuff the mixture into the peppers. You can mound it up a little. Place the peppers into the freezer for at least on hour. If you have any stuffing left over, it makes a great cheese spread.
  6. Cover the baking sheet in foil and spray with cooking spray. Pre-heat the oven to 325˚.
  7. Cut the bacon long ways down the middle. You should now have 12 thin bacon strips. Remove the poppers from the freezer. Wrap a piece of bacon around each one. Try to have the ends under the pepper. Place the poppers onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes. If the bacon isn’t crispy enough for you at this point, you can turn on the broiler. However, monitor them carefully, as they will burn quickly.
  8. Serve right away. Offer your guests ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment