Preparing Thanksgiving dinner is like participating in a triathlon, non-stop cooking for three days. So, you should choose your side dishes not only for how tasty they are, but for how easy they are to make. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta is both crazy easy and crazy good. Five ingredients and the ability to chop veggies is all you need. Well, you also need patience to not eat all of these before you get them to the table.
Prep time will increase if you don’t have a food processor. However, you may be able to find the Brussels Sprouts already shredded in the produce section of your grocers’. In which case, your prep time will decrease to almost nothing.
I usually give you suggestions for changing up my recipes. Not tonight. This is perfect. Even people who don’t love sprouts will love this dish.
Time: Active: 5-10 minutes; Cook: 30 minutes; sprouts in about an hour
Hardware: A food processor, a knife and cutting board, a large mixing bowl, measuring spoons, a rimmed baking sheet, foil, a spatula
|Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta|
- 1-pound Brussels sprouts
- 4 ounces pancetta-sliced thick (you can substitute bacon)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375˚. Line the baking sheet with foil.
- Using the food processor to slice the sprouts and garlic. Dice the pancetta.
- Toss the sliced sprouts, garlic, pancetta and olive oil together in the big
Spread the mixture out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Toss after 20 minutes and lightly salt. Return to the oven and continue to roast until desired tenderness.
- Serve warm.