|Jalapeño Popper Bread|
I wanted to do something new, but not too new. People want something familiar. I decided to rift on some old stand-bys. If the way my husband ate them up was any indication, these turned out really well.
Servings: 12-14 piecesTime: Prep: 10 minutes; cooking: 20 minutes
Hardware: knives and a cutting board, measuring spoons and cups, a mixer, a mixing bowl, a silicone spatula, a large serrated knife, parchment paper and a baking sheet
- Foot long French loaf
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 8 ounces cooked crumbled bacon
- ⅓ cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. To make clean up easier, line the cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in the bacon and jalapeños.
- Cut the bread in half long ways, like a hot dog bun. Spread each side with the jalapeño mixture. Put face up on the baking dish and cover in shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is crunchy. Cut each half into 6-7 slices. Serve right away.