Eat!

Eating is a necessity. However, we choose what to eat. The choices we make reveal a great deal about us. The food you eat can tell quite a bit about your heritage, your family, your fears, your sense of adventure, your attitude toward yourself and others, and a myriad of other personal tidbits to anyone paying attention. Everything about eating is a glimpse into your soul.

I hope to reveal a little bit about myself to you through my food. I enjoy cooking. I enjoy eating. I find pleasure in bringing pleasure to others. I hope that by sharing my recipes I bring you a little bit of joy.

Cook my food. Feed it to the people you love.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Chicken Philly Sandwich


Chicken Philly Sandwiches are a variation of Philadelphia’s famous Philly Cheesesteak. In Philadelphia the street vendors use Cheez Whiz, a processed cheese food, on their sandwiches.  I’m all about authentic, but I’m not about to eat Cheez Whiz.  If you want to you can.  However, my Cheese Sauce doesn’t contain carrageenan.   

These sandwiches are very hearty.  I usually cut them in half and serve the half sandwich with a side salad or fries.







Servings: 4-8
Time:  Prep: 10 minutes   Cooking:  10-15 minutes
Hardware:  A cutting board and knife, measuring spoons and cups, 2 bowls, a large skillet, tongs

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 ⅓ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 yellow bell pepper
  • 1 large onion
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup cheese sauce (or Cheez Whiz)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 4 hoagie rolls
  1. Slice the onion into rings.  Slice the peppers into long thin strips, removing the white ribs and seeds.  Dice the garlic.  Set aside.
  2. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, removing the fat and gristle.  Salt and pepper it generously and set aside.
  3. Slice the hoagie rolls lengthwise making sure to not cut all the way through.  (You can toast them if you want.)
  4. Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium high.  Add the veggies. Cook until the edges of the onions begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
  5. Toss in the chicken and the Worcestershire sauce. Cook, tossing often, until the chicken is cooked through, about another 7-8 minutes.  Mix in the cheese sauce.
  6. Place the chicken mixture into the hoagie rolls.  Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment