|Tzatziki Sauce: creamy cucumber dip|
Servings: 1 ½ cupsTime: prep: 15 minutes, rest: 30 minutes + 2 hours
Hardware: Cutting board and knives, veggie peeler, spoon, strainer, a bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk, a container
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill (or 1 dried)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the cucumber. Using the spoon remove the seeds. Slice it and place it in the strainer over the bowl. Heavily salt the cucumber and allow it to rest for 30 minutes. This will make the cucumber release much of its liquid.
- Squeeze as much water as you can from the cucumber. Discard all the liquid. Dice the squeezed cucumber and the garlic. The smaller the better.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together. Taste and adjust the salt.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Grind a little black pepper into the sauce right before serving. This will keep in the fridge for 4 days.