Servings: 4-6Hardware: A cutting board and knives, measuring spoons and cups, a pot with a lid, a wooden spoon
Time: prep: 5 minutes, cook: 20 minutes, rest: 3
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry paste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Dice the garlic.
- Heat the butter on medium. Stir in garlic, curry paste, and rice. Cook for a minute or so, stirring frequently.
- When the rice turns bright white, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the vegetable stock and the coconut milk. Wait for it to boil.
- Stir, cover with the lid, and turn the rice down to a low simmer. Simmer, without opening the lid, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the rice from the heat, with the lid still on, and allow it to rest for 3 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve warm.