|Guaranteed to make you feel better|
Time: Prep: 10 minutes, cooking: 65 minutes
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, 2 mixing bowls, a mixer, and a 9”x 5” glass loaf pan
- Butter and flour for the pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups mashed very ripe bananas (6-7 bananas)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees°.
- Grease and flour the loaf pan.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the other bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir the banana mixture and the nuts into the flour mixture. Do not over mix; it will make the bread tough. Stir until the flour is just moistened.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then turn it out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container or plastic wrap for 3 days.