Time: Prep: 15 minutes, cooking: 55 minutes
Hardware: Measuring cups and spoons, knives, cutting board, wooden spoon, sauce pan, mixing bowl, and a 13”x 9” glass baking dish
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups fresh peach slices-5 to 6 peaches
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons orange preserves
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Put the butter in the glass dish and put it in the pre-heating oven to allow it to melt.
- Remove the glass dish from the oven.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt; add the milk, stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT stir.
- Mix the corn starch in the orange juice until it dissolves.
- Put the peach slices, brown sugar, orange juice and orange preserves in the sauce pan and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Pour the peaches over the batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until it is golden brown.
________________________________________________________Hint, Hint: Learn how to peel a peach here